Monday, May 11, 2009

Photographs...

So, I haven't been on computers since Thursday. I feel bright and educated! Not really. The time I haven't been on seems very un-full of things happening. All I really did was sew and think and go to JoAnn's once. I also went on walks, I realise. I should do one now, but I feel as though I must get something done. I feel very pointless right now. It's beautiful outside, but I just feel pointless!

I read some of Charles Dickens over the weekend, too. Not much. Of both Bleak House and Great Expectations. It's a good thing. ;)

Now, for the pictures! I got some more sewing done today and before, but I'm not going to go to get the photos on here. Just to say: I finished tucking the second chemise front, so I'm done with all that. I also started sewing the sleeves and back-of-chemise-#2 on. Looks rather spiffy. Sewing on the bias is just WEIRD, too. It feels so strange. And on the last seam I did, the needle was being bad, or else the fabric.

This is the fabric I'm going to use for my blanket. The white-looking (it's really off-white dark ivoryish; natural colour of bamboo and cotton fiber mixed) stuff is the batting, which, when the blanket's done, you oughtn't to see. ;)
Probably paua or abalone shell buttons. I got them from JoAnn's for my chemises (however, I REALLY don't think I should use them. I just adored them, and got them, even though I don't know if they're really correct to the 1860's), and the packages for the buttons there don't almost ever have real descriptions. All this one said is 'genuine shell'.
My grandmother gave me this (among other needles) back in about September last year when I was starting to sew more. It says '1857' somewhere in there, and I REALLY wonder if this is possibly from that year. It probably isn't, but... I can't help but wiiish. One thing that hurries my hope, so to speak, is that the print and all looks like something from 'roundabout 1850, or later. I want to find out, and I'm sure I'll try. I suppose it kind of makes sense that I haven't used any of the needles yet. :P They look so fine (but I haven't a picture of them).
White squill. Took this in the yard; some of you have probably seen it already. ;)
And this was the master squill-picture I took! It's so nice that the sun was shining just on the squill; it makes a nice effect. It was in sunsetting-time.
Another nice picture; I landed the camera near the ground to take it. It's the Mousie-eye view. ;) And it is in our yard, so those houses aren't this one. The white one straight ahead has architecture somewhat like it, I suppose, though. A lot of the houses around here have hugely similar design.
The front of the first chemise. Tucked. Isn't it perty? The pattern is... three tucks, three shorter tucks, five shorter tucks, on both sides, from the middle successively, if you get it. You probably can tell. ;)
Nother pic. I was 'wearing' it. I just laid it across my front, though, really. :P

--

You must be happy now. ;) Good-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment